24th June 2014 – Authority for Info-communications Technology Industry of Brunei Darussalam (AITI) today has awarded its second internship INSPIRE program to six (6) local students to undergo the five-month internship program in Singapore. The event was held at Songket Hall 1, level 4, Rizqun International Hotel, Gadong.
The ceremony began with a signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between AITI and Politeknik Brunei (PB) which was witnessed by the Guest of Honour, The Honourable Berhormat Pehin Orang Kaya Hamzah Pahlawan Dato Seri Setia Awang Haji Abdullah bin Begawan Mudim Dato Paduka Haji Bakar, Minister of Communications. Also present were Awang Abdul Mutalib Bin Pehin Orang Kaya Seri Setia Dato Paduka Hj Mohd Yusof, Permanent Secretary at the Ministry of Communications and Chairman of AITI; His Excellency, Mr Jaya Ratman, Singapore High Commissioner to Brunei; Dato Paduka Dr. Haji Zulkarnain bin Hj Hanafi, Permanent Secretary (Higher Education), Ministry of Education; Deputy Permanent Secretaries; Senior Government Officials from the Ministry of Communications, Ministry of Education, Department of Economic, Planning and Development (JPKE), University Brunei Darussalam (UBD), Institut Teknologi Brunei (ITB), Politeknik Brunei (PB) and the other institutes of higher learning education.
AITI and Politeknik Brunei (PB) are signing a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on the INSPIRE Internship Program. Signing on behalf of AITI were Awang Haji Hairul Mohd Daud bin Haji Abd Karim, Acting Chief Executive and Dayang Julianah binte Hj Ali Ahmad, Acting Assistant Chief Executive while Politeknik Brunei (PB) was represented by Awang Dennis Ho Mun Tai, Acting Director and Awang Alias bin Hj Abu Bakar, Acting Assistant Director.
The objective of this internship program is to provide opportunities for students to apply and enhance their knowledge and skills through meaningful work experience and interaction with professional people in real-life working environment.
The event also saw a signing of INSPIRE award agreement between AITI and the six (6) successful students under the INSPIRE program. The Guest of Honour then presented the INSPIRE awards to two (2) UBD students, three (3) ITB students and one (1) Politeknik Brunei (PB) student namely:
1. Dyg Khairani Binti Haji Zakaria - a UBD undergraduate taking Bachelors of Arts Degree in Professional Media and Communication, majoring in Professional Communications & Media Studies. She will be attached in Malay news and current affairs in Mediacorp, Singapore.
2. Malai Ahmed Jazly Bin Malai Hassan – a UBD undergraduate also taking Bachelors of Arts Degree in Professional Media and Communication, majoring in Professional Communications & Media Studies. He will be attached in radio broadcasting which includes programming, online promotions and event management in Mediacorp, Singapore.
3. Awang Lim Tze Yee - an ITB student taking Bachelor of Science in Computer Network & Security. He will be attached to Cicada Cube Pte Ltd, Singapore. Cicada Cube is a software engineering company involved in biometric software development and he would be involved in developing an ongoing Biometric Palm Vein Project & Time Attendance System.
4. Dayang Siti Noora’zam Binti Haji Abdul Kadir - an ITB student taking Bachelor of Science in Computing. She will be attached to Standices Pte Ltd, Singapore which provides leading edge digital research and big data consultancy. She will be involved in the analysis of large database to try to derive insights.
5. Dayang Farah Nabila Binti Dr Haji Muhd Hadi - an ITB student taking Bachelor of Science in Computing. She will be attached to Techsailor, Singapore which is a Social Media marketing company. Farah Nabila will be involved in a project on the social media applications & microsites.
6. Md Dzulhakim Ilham Bin Hj Md Yassin - a Politeknik Brunei (PB) student taking Advanced Diploma in Information Systems and Technology. He will be attached to Hello Technology, Singapore which is a software engineering company in telecommunication industry and he will be involved in the development of Tok-Tok! Communicator, contact management portal, provisioning portal & user portal.
Two of the INSPIRE batch one recipients: Nur Liyana Amalina Bte Suhaili and Awg Muhammad Naqiuddin Ihsan Bin Awg Mat Japar also shared their experiences when they underwent their internship program in Singapore last year.
AITI hopes that the new INSPIRE Award recipients will gain technical and professional level of experience that will equip them with not only core technical skills but also real-life skills in related working areas so they can serve the industry better in the near future.
The INSPIRE program is part of the collaboration under the Project Addendum and Project Agreement which AITI signed with Media Development Authority of Singapore (MDA) and IDA International Pte Ltd respectively during CommunicAsia in Singapore in June 2013.
This program is also supported by the Department of Economic, Planning and Development (JPKE) and funded under the 10th National Development Plan for Human Capacity Development Program.
No of Visitors :
© AITI 2015. Any usage of AITI.gov.bn states your compliance to our